DETOX VEGETABLE SOUP
Deliciousness from The Healthy Maven
1 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups of kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in green beans and cook for another minute.
- Top with diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over med-low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add in kale and cook for 5 more minutes (it will wilt).
- Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.