SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN CHIA STEEL CUT OATS
Thank you to Flavor the Moments for this recipe we love to share ! Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chia Steel Cut Oats are creamy steel cut oats packed with pumpkin, chia seeds, and plenty of pumpkin spice!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Top with additional maple syrup, toasted pecans, chia seeds, chopped apple or chocolate chips, if desired
- Spray your slow cooker generously with cooking spray. Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight. Note: to prevent the edges from burning, place a large heat proof dish into the slow cooker and add all ingredients into the dish. Fill the slow cooker with water around the dish until it’s 2 inches from the top of the dish.
- It’s normal to see chia seeds all over the top of the oats after cooking. Simply stir the oats well before serving, and serve with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- These oats are not sweet by any means because I love adding a drizzle of maple syrup over the top at serving time. Add more sweetener if you like your oats on the sweeter side.
- Store unused oats in an air tight container in the fridge. Microwave or reheat on the stove top with additional milk and serve!