Ultra Creamy Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 3-5 sweet potatoes depending on the size of the sweet potatoes and the size of your slow cooker
Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry.
Prick sweet potatoes 8 or so times with a fork and place in a slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
After cooking, sweet potatoes may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze- wrap cooled sweet potatoes in parchment paper (secure with tape), then place in a silicone bag or meal prep container. Store for up to 3 months.
To re-heat- thaw completely if necessary.
* heat at 425°F in the oven for 10 or so minutes (depends on the size of the sweet potatoes)
* heat in the microwave on medium power for 2 or so minutes, until heated through (also depends on the power of your microwave and size of your sweet potatoes)
You can put as many sweet potatoes in your slow cooker as will fit! Just make sure the lid fits securely.
recipes used in slow cooker sweet potato video
- sausage stuffed sweet potatoes-https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes-with-sausage-pepper-jack/
- enchilada stuffed sweet potatoes-https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/freezer-to-oven-enchilada-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/
- breakfast sweet potatoes:
- re-heat sweet potatoes in the oven at 425 for 10 or so minutes
- while potatoes are re-heating, scramble eggs (2/ sweet potato) in a pan. Add in greens & salt & pepper.
- serve scrambled eggs over the sweet potatoes